Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Report on Born on a Blue Day by Daniel Tammet

This autobiography is the story of Daniel Tammet, who suffers from autism (Asbergers syndrome), epilepsy and is a savant. Although it became tedious in places where Daniel's descriptions of his thought processes went WAY over my head, it was still fascinating. It was amazing that he was able to write his own autobiography, let alone describe so well what life is like with autism, and how he experiences and processes his environment. Imagine being able to memorize and recite pi to the 22,514th number without an error! I looked on youtube and watched a few clips of Daniel's documentary, Brainman. I would love to see the whole thing. Very fascinating story.

I wonder if Earl would be interested in a story like this?

I should probably take a break from reading and try some of these recipes!

No comments:

Post a Comment